I need to store some byte encoded serialized objects (like protobuf encoded
objects and similar) into an SQLite table. But I have seen in the forum
that there was some issues with the support of BLOB type in SQLite by CN1.
However, these posts are quite old and since then, some plugins like
https://github.com/shannah/cn1-spatialite have appeared that seems to work
with BLOB type with no issue (spatilite encode each Geography object as a
wkb BLOB object in the SQLite database and, as this plugin is working with
both Android and iOS, I assume the support of BLOB type on iOS is no longer
problematic, exept if this plugin is shipping with its own SQLite
engine...).
So can I use BLOB type in SQLite with CN1 without issue now (I am targeting
Android and iOS only) or is it still problematic? If so, how can I write
and read a byte array into an SQLite table (do I just have to pass the
object as a byte[] object for it to be writen into my BLOB table column ?)
If the support of BLOB type is still problematic, the alternative would be
to encode my bytes buffer objects as String before storing them into the
database (with base64 encoding or someting similar) but I would really
avoid the unecessary bytes<->String encoding/decoding and storage overhead
if I can...