Several things here aren't true.
First this assumes you are always reading all the data, if that was the
case then why have an SQL database in the first place. It also assumes only
one table and other tables aren't impacted.

The second mistake is that randomly seeking through a large file is free if
you have an index. This isn't true. It's true that it's MUCH faster than it
was in the days of spinning platters but it's far from free and very costly
on a mobile device. A memory mapped file would need caching both in RAM and
in CPU caches. Both of these are limited resources that would cause
thrashing to flash storage when depleted. Every time you change something
in that large file you trigger disk fragmentation which has a lot of impact
on an SSD in terms of performance. Yes modern filesystems are better at
handling this but writing to a single large file is still way more
expensive.
The problem is that these will impact all your queries for the other tables
as well. RAM and CPU cache utilization is far more noticeable on devices
than on the desktop where the differences might not be noticeable.

We'd need to detect the various types of arguments that are submitted and
convert them to native calls for iOS. Passing arrays and other arbitrary
objects to the C layer in the iOS port is painful so no one got around to
do it for years. As I said, the demand for this was low and our resources
are low as well.