SEZ9 commented on PR #12081:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12081#issuecomment-5673579613

   Thanks for the clean repost — the `flush()`/`hsync` sentence reads clearly 
now, and the new 
`WALWorkHandlerSurvivabilityTest.flushFailureFromHdfsWriterShouldFailCloseSubsequentAppend`
 shape (real `HdfsWriter`, mocked `FSDataOutputStream` where only `hsync()` 
throws, same fail-close assertion plus `verify(out, times(1)).hsync()`) is 
exactly the coverage I was missing for the torn-record concern. Good that 
there's no path where flush/sync throws but the sticky flag isn't set.
   
   On the scope note — agreed, I'll treat both as in scope for this pass rather 
than deferred:
   
   1. **`RequestFuture.get()` wait behavior** — timed `get(timeout, unit)` with 
the `TimeoutException` contract, shared batch deadline for 
`storeAll`/`deleteAll`, method-level Javadoc, and production callers on the 
timed overload only. That covers the unbounded-wait, the compatibility change, 
the sequential N × timeout on batch ops, and the method-level docs point. I'll 
confirm on the synced head that no production caller still uses the untimed 
`get()`.
   2. **`WALWorkHandler`** — `catch (Exception)`, guarded `executeResponse()`, 
and sticky fail-close after write/flush failure. With the survivability test 
above, that closes the worker-death and writer-reuse points from my side once I 
re-read the head.
   
   One thing: your comment got cut off again mid-sentence at "covered by 
`WALWorkHa`" — anything after item 2 didn't come through. Could you repost the 
remainder? Specifically I still don't see where these landed:
   
   - The Mockito test dependency for the `imap-storage-file` module 
(`HdfsWriterFlushSyncPathTest` and the new survivability test both need it) — 
is there a `pom.xml` change on the current head, or does it come in 
transitively?
   - The ERROR-level full stack trace on every timed-out wait in 
`queryExecuteStatus` — did you drop that to a WARN/short message, or keep it as 
is intentionally?
   
   Once I have those two answers I'll do the synced-head pass and close out the 
remaining items.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1048 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to