SEZ9 commented on PR #11746:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11746#issuecomment-6052004127

   Thanks for the mapping, that's helpful.
   
   - **Points 4 and 5 (upgrade note / opt-out, removed single-split-key 
guard):** the Upgrading section in `docs/en`/`docs/zh` `Jdbc.md` with 
`partition_column` as the documented way back to single-column splitting, plus 
`FixedChunkSplitter` throwing `JdbcConnectorException` on a multi-column key 
and the documented `isUseDynamicSplitter()` gate in `findSplitKey`, is the 
shape I was after. I'll confirm against the diff on `02a265f51` and close both 
once I've looked at the changed files and the two new tests you named.
   - **Points 1-3:** acknowledged as already on the earlier heads. Two small 
follow-ups:
     - For `compareCompositeElement`, can you confirm it handles the SQLite 
Integer-vs-Long case and compares `BigDecimal` by value rather than `equals`, 
so the dedup guard isn't scale-sensitive? A pointer to the test covering this 
is enough.
     - For the separator, the Javadoc documents the constraint. Is there also a 
runtime check rejecting column names/values containing the separator, or is 
this an intentional documented limitation? Either is fine, I'd just like it 
stated explicitly.
   
   Two items from my earlier review aren't in the mapping and I don't see them 
addressed yet:
   
   1. **Oracle `FETCH FIRST` on pre-12c:** if composite splitting is enabled 
unconditionally in the Oracle dialect, an existing composite-PK job on 11g 
would hit a SQL syntax error on upgrade instead of falling back to the 
single-column split. Could you either gate the composite boundary SQL on a 
version check with fallback, or at minimum call this out in the new Upgrading 
section next to the `partition_column` opt-out?
   2. **STRING key collation:** the composite path admits STRING key columns, 
but the database's `ORDER BY` collation and the Java-side comparison can 
diverge, which could collapse the walk to a single chunk or end it early. Could 
you either exclude STRING columns from the composite path, or add a 
guard/warning plus a test with a non-ASCII / mixed-case key showing the walk 
stays stable?
   
   On CI: thanks for the rerun breakdown on `02a265f51`. Based on your summary, 
the Hudi S3 timeouts, the Paimon flake and the `README.md` badge check from 
`6de6f1b953` look outside this PR, and it's good that the JDBC SplitIT shards 
are green on this head.
   
   Once the Oracle fallback and the STRING collation question are settled (or 
explicitly deferred with a note) and I've checked the diff for points 4 and 5, 
I'm happy to approve.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1601 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to