kartikey321 commented on PR #3451:
URL: https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/3451#issuecomment-4883376316

   Hi @spmallette @Cole-Greer,
   
   Following up since it's been a couple of weeks since the last exchange. I 
want to make sure this doesn't drift — I'm ready to make the structural changes 
and am just waiting for a clear direction before touching anything.
   
   Two things I'd appreciate guidance on:
   
   **1. ANTLR vs. Translator+generate.groovy**
   I understand both approaches. For the Tinkubator, my read is that the ANTLR 
runtime approach is acceptable since there's no `DartTranslator` in 
`gremlin-core` yet and the tests still exercise the full 
DSL/transport/serialization pipeline. But if the preference is to eventually 
wire into the generate.groovy model, I'm happy to do that — it just needs a 
`DartTranslator` written in Java first, which feels more like a graduation 
step. What does the community prefer for the Tinkubator stage?
   
   **2. Maven structure**
   Based on your last comment I'll make `tinkubator/gremlin-dart/` a standalone 
Maven project rather than adding it to the root reactor. Does that mean no 
entry in the root `pom.xml` at all, or should it still be referenced as a 
module?
   
   Once these two points are settled I can restructure and submit everything 
under `tinkubator/gremlin-dart/` quickly. Thanks again for the patience in 
working through the process.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to