Hi,

I did some testing and can confirm that the current site generation memory leak occurs here:

       <j:file name="${outFile}" encoding="${outputencoding}"
         omitXmlDeclaration="true" outputMode="xml"
         prettyPrint="no">
-->          <j:include uri="${stylesheet.toString()}"/>
       </j:file>

If I remove the include, nothing is leaked. So, while this is obviously a whole lot of additional Jelly (actually, its this: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/xdoc/src/plugin-resources/site.jsl); it is just Jelly - nothing about Maven's context creation AFAICT.

j:include does a context.runScript(uri, output, isExport(), isInherit()); which is when the caching occurs, right?

So are there any further ideas about where the leak is? IS it the JSL used in site.jsl, the j:include itself, or something else? Do you need me to do more narrowing down within site.jsl or does someone have a hunch?

Thanks,
Brett