May I continue to point out that we are WAY off topic. The issue at hand is the creation of a DNS alias. The homepage thing
is already in place.

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

Yet, a personal web site is just that - personal. It's purposely not part of the ASF community. There's no oversight. Therefore, I question what benefit can be gained by endorsing personal web sites hosted on the ASF infrastructure. -- justin

I don't think we are talking about complete personal websites with blogs and such, with rants and honeymoon pictures, but about some pages that explain what the person does, who he is, and not much more.

Every time a committer comes in the communities I'm in, he describes himself to the list. I just put that up on my page.

What's the problem?

If you are afraid of people trying to use Apache as a showcase for themselves, personal homepages are not the place to look at.
If people are mature enough to keep a decent homepage at apache, then I'm seriously concerned about them having acess to Apache resources at all.

Find me a personal page that has that problem and I'll agree with you.

P.S. There are about 590 people with commit right now!