Noel J. Bergman wrote:
Apart from the fact that you have put much more energy in talking
against this than creating the list (hint hint ;-) ...

I don't think you have any idea how much goes into creating a new list. I just did a quick count. There are 16+ commands to execute on 3 ASF servers, plus a file in CVS that needs to be edited, committed, and updated on minotaur. Per list. And a dev or user list is different from a commit record list which differs from a private list.

Then we have a *big* problem.

An app or scripts to make this easy are not only a nice thing to have, but a hard necessity as I see now.

"Do it yourself" scales, and I would think that any ASF member should be able to create a list, given evident consensus. We did the same for the Incubator files, remember?

The fact that Apache members (that are thus trusted) cannot do it on their own (lack of knowledge and too much effort) and must bug the poor infra guys is a big problem.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -