Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > I don't think you have any idea how much goes into creating a new list.
> > I just did a quick count.  There are 16+ commands to execute on 3 ASF
> > servers, plus a file in CVS that needs to be edited, committed, and
> > updated on minotaur.  Per list.  And a dev or user list is different
> > from a commit record list which differs from a private list.

> An app or scripts to make this easy are not only a nice thing to have,
> but a hard necessity as I see now.

Berin started to give it a shot.  Not sure where he left off.  And Brian
suggested looking at anzu.  Volunteers are certainly welcomed to help.  One
doesn't need the access writes to be able to write scripts.  And if we can
get a test server ready, we might be able to setup a testing environment.

> "Do it yourself" scales, and I would think that any ASF member should be
> able to create a list, given evident consensus.

Yes, it scales as an infrastructure thing, but perhaps not for effective
communication.  The second part of your statement might provide sufficient
control, but first we need the tools.

        --- Noel