On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I can appreciate that, but the stock answer to that is "just give them
> commit".  High barriers to committership is not what Apache is about.

You may be interested to learn that the Open Participation Software
for Java (htttP;//wiki.ops4j.org) was created with a "Wiki brought to
coding" and "No barrier" attitude, as a result of what we perceived as
"high barriers" at ASF.

We are still uncertain about the community dynamics over time (people
tend to code more and debate less), and right now there is a
discussion whether GitHub will lower or raise that said barrier,

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er