Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 19.02.2009, 19:48 +0100 schrieb kimaidou:
> Thansk for your answer.
> * it is my 1st package, and my first email was about asking some help.
> So thank for your reply
> * to build the ipk file I used
> http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=IPKG_Howto
> So for me this was a "blind" building. I don't know what the builder
> put in the ipkg. Since I run debian, I was unable to test it under om
> or SHR.
> * For the untar thing under debian : I would like people to test the
> thing. I did not knwow this way was the wrong way. I will try to build
> a debian package when I have time. But please do it if you are
> efficient in that.
> * I will try to follow your how to if you have no time to do it.

Generally, it is not expected that every author of any software can
create proper Debian packages – after all, some work must be left for
Debian maintainers.

So if you think your package is out of the “I only need testers, but no
users yet”-stage, feel free to contact
pkg-fso-ma...@lists.alioth.debian.org and tell us about your program, we
might package it for you.

If you want to make stuff easy for us, follow these also otherwise valid
rules:

 * If you use automake, use "make dist" to create release tarballs. Make
sure these contain everything. If you install additional data, make sure
they are properly installed by make install.
 * If you package a python application or module, same thing applies,
only that you use ./setup.py sdist to create a tarball-
 * If your package is just files (e.g. shell scripts and data), just tar
them up and write in INSTALL where these should go.
 * Files in /usr/bin/ should not have endings like .sh or .py, these are
ugly when called from the shell and against Debian policy.
 * Put copyright and licensing statements in all source files, and
indicate where your icons are coming from and what license they are
under.

(this list is not exhaustive, but I’m tired, so that’s it for now :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner