>> believe was not supplying any events so the WaitNextEvent was just
>> sitting
>> there.
>
>OK, I just caught this.
>
>As I understand it, the low-level TCP code is supposed to be generating
>events that will satisfy WaitNextEvent(). It's possible that the TCP
>stack is poorly integrated with Mac OS and is using some other
>signalling mechanism. If that's the case, your socket code probably
>needs to pick up the slack and provide the necessary glue to feed
>packets into the event stream by making the sockets into file handles.

Well the TCP stack I prefer is MacTCP as OpenTransport is too big for
compacts IMO.  As I now know the debugger is getting in the way of the
Event Mechanism I should hopefully be able to look out for future problems,
I'll keep the list posted on my progress.

Regards Sean.
--
Classic Computing Pages:
http://www.megadon.co.uk/syrinx/