On my old StyleWriters, I always get the Staples brand
cartridges. They've always worked for me. I'm not 100%
positive about that 1500 color tank, but the Staples
cartridge should have the model on the side (I think
the one I got for my 2400 did).

Apple stopped making ink around 2001 or so. Not a big
loss (not quite like August 31, 1998 which was
doomsday for us compact Mac people...Apple quit making
parts that day!)

Scott