Old LaserWriters (like the LW II) are built on Canon printing engines,
but have Apple-specific cases and control boards. The LaserWriter II,
HP LaserJet II and LJ III (plus many others) are all built on the
Canon SX engine, meaning most of the parts (plus cartridges and paper
trays) are interchangeable, except for the I/O board and case parts.