I think one of the models was an HP clone...one of the
newer (1996-1997) era printers...but the rest were all
Canons to my knowledge. If I'm not mistaken, most of
the LaserWriters were also Canons, or at least around
Canon engines. I do know the ImageWriter was made by
C. Itoh.

Never thought of refill kits. Not my top choice
because of inconvenience but I guess the savings would
make sense with this being an older printer (I keep
having to remind myself that 1991, when the first SW
came out, was a long time ago...seems like yesterday
was 1991)

Scott