This really interesting.  The strongest Mogo no longer uses UCT at all.
It's tuned instead to do very deep and narrow searches.  I've seen that
other programs that use UCT are using very small C values to make uct also
do very narrow searches.

The strong programs also have very smart playouts.  With the patterns they
use, I expect that when they make a random choice it is between a very small
number of options.

Can we even call these programs UCT/MC any more?  They are not using the
bandit problem UCT search any more.  They are more like greedy best-first
searchers that keep going deeper in the variation with highest winning
probability.

David