Jonas Kahn wrote:
>> But correct ko threats playing has nothing to do with the playout part :
>> Since it is a strategic concept that involves global understanting, It is
>> handled by the UCT tree part.
>>

> Yes and no.
> Theoretically, that's the work of the UCT part. But, as Steve pointed
> out, kos can go on for long. I don't know what depth is attained in the
> tree (by the way, I would really like to know), but I doubt it is that
> long. Moreover, some kos must be kept for later.

The depth of the principal variation (the printed line) can be very
impressive,  but it's only seeing a fraction of the real tree and I
don't think the quality of this line of play compares to the quality in
other games doing alpha/beta with good evaluation.   So I don't think
sophisticated ko fights are resolved but I not strong enough to really
quantify this.

As I've state before, you can find certain things that programs do
really well (better than people of similar strength) and things they are
weak at and you can try to draw conclusions from that but you will
probably be wrong since it's outside our normal experience.

- Don