Olivier Teytaud wrote:
I am now wondering if scalability could be unaffected by playouts (just adding a constant offset) and only depend on the UCT/search implementation. From the publications of the MoGo team it seems likely that the programs are very similar there.

Leela and mogo are probably quite similar.
On the other hand, we know that some playouts have different scalings than others:
- the "nakade" patch on the playouts does not change anything for small
  numbers of simulations per move
- it is very efficient for high number of simulations per move.

(By the way, this implies that optimizing parameters on small numbers of
simulations is perhaps not always a good idea.)

Is the "patch" in some way parameterized by the number of simulations?

--
GCP