From: computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org [mailto:computer-go-
boun...@computer-go.org] On Behalf Of Magnus Persson
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:55 AM
To: computer-go; Don Dailey
Subject: Re: [computer-go] Re: fuego strength

On 9x9 I have been worrying of the lack of strong anchors but not
enough to complain about. What I think is more important is that
stronger programs are actually active on CGOS for longer periods of
time. I tried to contribute more by having versions of Valkyria online
with a fixed number of playouts. The nice part of that is that I can
then run other tests on the same machine that all uses fixed number of
playouts and still get proper results. If I run a full strength
version of Valkyria on CGOS I cannot have anything else running.

So, I think if more people with strong programs had reduced versions
running, we could have many middle strength programs it would also
become more meaningful to play with full strength programs.

I am looking forward to the new server because I think everyone
would/should be eager to login to it.

Magnus