Hiroshi Yamashita: <37E4294EAD9142EA84D1031F3E1E9C7C@x60>:
>Hi Aja,
>
>Thanks for a game and report.
>I saw sgf, CNN can play ko fight. great.
>
>> our best CNN is about 220 to 310 Elo stronger which is consistent
>
>Deeper network and rich info makes +300 Elo? impressive.
>Aja, if your CNN+MCTS use Erica's playout, how strong will it be?
>I think it will be contender for strongest program.

The playing strength of an MCTS program is dominated by the
correctness of the simulations, especially of L&D.  Prior knowledge
helps a little.  David pointed out after the first Densei-sen (almost
three years ago):
>All mcts programs have trouble with the positions near the end.  The group
>in the center has miai for two eyes.  Same for the group at the top.  The
>upper left side group has one big eye shape.  For all three groups the
>playouts sometimes kill them.  The black stones are pretty solid, so the
>playouts let them survivie.  SO even at the end, zen has 50% win rate, MFGO
>has 60%, and pache has 70% win rate for blasck.

Without improving the correctness of the simulations, MCTS programs
can't go up to next stage.

Hideki
Hideki
--