hi, still implementing gtp for my topological go program. it sorta works with gogui.

looking at the gnugo implementation, it seems all passive in that it simply reacts to commands.

so it looks like one side (or some other controller) has to be the passive side and react to the commands (like gnugo), and one side need to be active to do the setup and issue genmove commands (like gogui).

currently my program waits for the player to move before sending it's repsonse (the move) back. looks like gogui uses something called: runLengthyCommand() for this. and some complicated code.

is there any documentation on how to be the active side of gtp?

is it possible for both sides to issue commands?

any pointers will be appreciated.

thanks

--
Honesty is a very expensive gift. So, don't expect it from cheap people -
Warren Buffett