On 6/8/2015 12:58 PM, Xavier Combelle wrote:
It's not clear why you would want that your engine have control on communication. Can you explain your use case ?

our main use case is: two humans at different locations with my program want to play each other over a socket. seems like one has to be active.

the passive client has a thread that reads a socket and executes commands. if this program were to send a command through the socket, then the other side's response to the command would be read as a command.

thanks

    hi, still implementing gtp for my topological go program. it sorta
    works with gogui.

    looking at the gnugo implementation, it seems all passive in that
    it simply reacts to commands.

    so it looks like one side (or some other controller) has to be the
    passive side and react to the commands (like gnugo), and one side
    need to be active to do the setup and issue genmove commands (like
    gogui).

    currently my program waits for the player to move before sending
    it's repsonse (the move) back. looks like gogui uses something
    called: runLengthyCommand() for this. and some complicated code.

    is there any documentation on how to be the active side of gtp?

    is it possible for both sides to issue commands?

Honesty is a very expensive gift. So, don't expect it from cheap people -
Warren Buffett
http://tayek.com/