Hi Nick,

Some kind of limit on processing power would be interesting. To me it
seems clear that a program like Zen benefits a lot by using more
processing power than it's close competitors.

A measure that I find reasonable is a limit on number of threads x
clock frequency. E.g., a program running on 64 intel cores, with 2
threads per core, at 3 Ghz would be counted as using 64x2x3 = 384 GHz,
and a program running on 24 amd cores, with 1 thread per core, at 2.6
Ghz would be counted as 62.4 GHz. As long as the top just uses x86
type processors this should work reasonably well. For GPU's or ARM
processors there probably needs to be a scaling factor.

Another option could be to limit the power supply, e.g., you may not
use more than say 400 Watt.

BR,
Erik

PS As someone that participates only occasionally I like the zeros,
but perhaps there is a friendlier way to indicate
participation/absence.

PS2 Crazy idea?: "Machine A plays black, machine B plays white. First
player proposes the komi, the second player chooses the
color&machine."