>Tom, I couldn't let this pass without comment:
>
>Please demonstrate. Buy some software, retail package or download,
>your choice. Start the installation. Decline the EULA. Return the
>product and try to get your money back. Let us know how that goes.

This is a hot topic in the Linux community. Here is a recent article (Jan
2007)
http://community.linux.com/community/07/01/03/227237.shtml?tid=12

Most of what is written on the topic is about getting a refund on the
Windows part of a computer purchase when you can't decline getting
Windows on the hard drive. This situation is a bit more difficult as some
vendors insist you return the computer too and get a full refund.

Getting a refund on the retail version of Windows should be easier, hence
nobody is writing about it.

In years past my office manager got a refund direct from Microsoft on an
Office upgrade. We had already installed it. She hated it becasue it was
so much slower than what she had been using. I told her it was futile to
even try. She proudly told me it was easy. MS sent us a check. As I
recall we didn't even have to return the software. They accepted her
promise to discard it.