On Jul 18, 2007, at 7:04 PM, Fred Holmes wrote:

I don't know about exact dimensions, but the widely available "CR2" lithium battery is 3.x volts and appears to be the diameter of and 1/2 the length of an AA battery. My wife's camera (35 mm, not digital) uses two of them. I see them anywhere that camera batteries are sold.

I shall look into that battery. It may need to be more than 3 volts to work properly in my Mac, but I shall find out if it will fit and will supply enough juice to hold up over time. Thanks.

  Steve