>I wouldn't use the service to block anything from children or anyone
>else [I don't like any kind of censorship], but am noting that the
>feature is available. Use it judiciously.

It is interesting to see them try to innovate the old DNS concept. In
addition to blocking they also provide statistics about internet usage by
tabulating requests by IP address. While I'm impressed, I wonder what use
such data could be put to. Can anyone here suggest how such information
could be put to practical use?

As for the blocking, SaaS is a much better way to provide this.
Everything is centrally managed. There is no need to install or maintain
any software on the client computer. It is also harder to bypass if you
can lock down the DNS address. Of course, a proxy server still steps
around this easily.