Okay, thanks...didn't see this post before I wrote my most recent one. Can I easily and cheaply transfer the name to her? The only reason for possibly not telling her about the name or any site based on it would be to surprise her with it, as a gift, but maybe that wouldn't be practical or something she'd want to really be surprised with (unless, maybe, the Oprah show was in on the surprise, for example; since Oprah seems to do this a lot). I don't want to cause this person any hassle or problems or added stress or concerns, which is why I am raising some of these possible concerns here and will also get advice elsewhere.

Don't know anything about her arrangements, as far as having a publicist, etc., so would have to find out. Since she's written a few well-known books, guess she must have had this at some point. Right now, though, all I know is that she has a University affiliation, and they are being swamped with calls since the show. Incidentally, this University (the Med school, actually) has about the worst, most user-unfriendly website I've ever seen, which is how I ended up having to call and speak to someone who works with this women at the school; simply to get basic contact info. for her and one or two others who work there).

Randall

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Piwowar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Grabbing domain names of well-known persons?

>Well, ended up buying the .com domain for this person's name. Maybe >I'll
just hold it for awhile and just see if she wants the name. If I do this or
go beyond this and start creating a website around the themes associated
with her name, just hope she sees this as neutral or positive rather than
creepy or causing hassles.

If you are going to meet her then you can ask for her blessing. Let her
know that if she ever wants to post anything you will do it right away.
And if she ever has a problem with anything you will fix it right away.
Let her know that legally she can ask for the domain to be transferred to
her any time she wants so you can really only do this with her blessing.
If she has a publicist you should ask to be added to their press list.