Try Brothers HL-2170W wireless laser networking printer.

It has both Windows and Mac drivers.  Retail is $149.00

Stewart

At 03:40 PM 3/23/2008, you wrote:
I'd appreciate some advice:

I want to buy a relatively inexpensive, monochrome laser printer for
very light duty in a home office with three Macs networked via a
router and an Airport Extreme (g).  Duplex capability is highly
desirable but not strictly necessary (e.g. I can't pay too much extra
for it), and a small footprint is greatly desirable.

I find it hard to choose from all the options available online, plus I
have some specific questions:

1) All things being equal, what's the best way to network a printer:
ethernet to the router, USB to the Airport, or either to the
physically closest Mac (an iMac in my case)?

2) Does the printer language emulation matter for any reason as long
as the printer is Mac 10.5 compatible? (I'm currently using an Apple
Laserwriter Select 360 that supports PostScript level 2, but other
makers seem to have brand-specific languages.)

3) Any thoughts about the wisdom or not of buying used?

TIA

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace