That is what I have, works great.

Stewart

At 05:28 PM 3/23/2008, you wrote:
I'd recommend a Brother printer. They are relatively inexpensive and I've had good luck with them. They have been very easy to use with my Macs. The MSRP of HL-2070N is $129.99, but I've seen them on sale for $99. While I do not have my Brother printer networked, a friend of mine bought the HL-2070N and networked it at his house and is very happy with it.

Eugene V Martin wrote:
I'd appreciate some advice:

I want to buy a relatively inexpensive, monochrome laser printer for very light duty in a home office with three Macs networked via a router and an Airport Extreme (g). Duplex capability is highly desirable but not strictly necessary (e.g. I can't pay too much extra for it), and a small footprint is greatly desirable.

I find it hard to choose from all the options available online, plus I have some specific questions:

1) All things being equal, what's the best way to network a printer: ethernet to the router, USB to the Airport, or either to the physically closest Mac (an iMac in my case)?

2) Does the printer language emulation matter for any reason as long as the printer is Mac 10.5 compatible? (I'm currently using an Apple Laserwriter Select 360 that supports PostScript level 2, but other makers seem to have brand-specific languages.)

3) Any thoughts about the wisdom or not of buying used?

TIA

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace