On Mar 27, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Tom Piwowar wrote:

I do not understand your belief that money is the criterion to use to
determine who lives and who dies. Why not favor those with higher IQs?
Why not favor those who lead saintly lives? Why not favor one race over another? Why not favor one sex over the other? Why is it only money that
counts?

I think the short answer as to why it is only money that counts is because our nation is run as a society based almost entirely upon the precepts of capitalism. One can take note of how our media generally rate the potential of a Presidential candidate to be nominated based upon how much money they have raised.

As to how this relates to computers, one could posit the premise that Macs are superior because they cost more.

  Steve