<What is right about the majority voting to tax the minority for the
<enefit of that majority?  That is the very antithisis of liberty.

The very anti-thesis?  I would say the anti-thesis is the minority
voting to tax the majority for the benefit of the minority is
even more anti-thetical (which sadly is a more accurate description
of what happens in the US).  The only alternative to majority rule
is "no one rules" (wake me when that happens) or minority rule.

Checkout One Laptop Per Child project laptop.org