WinXP, Firefox

First of all, I assume the "Shockware Flash" I see when I do an
about:plugins is the same thing as "Adobe Flash Player."

I wanted to update Flash to the latest version, so I went to
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ and updated my Firefox
Flash plugin to the latest version (124).

There is talk on that page about using the Settings Manager to tell
the Flash player whether and when to check for updates.  My question
is: While the Flash player periodically executes when I encounter
something that requires it, how do I "run it" in order to update its
settings?  I don't see any reference to Flash in the Start menu.

Ralph