I've spent some time Googling but can't find an answer. I have two computers that access the internet via a wired router that is connected to a cable modem. I want to share files between the two computers, and a printer.

I have run Windows XP Network Setup Wizard on both computers, but I cannot see either computer from the other's My Network Places. In fact, I had to run System Restore on one of the computers after running the Setup Wizard because it messed up the connection to the internet.

Is there a web site that actually tells how to do this? The very many that I have viewed simply explain the hardware needed or the various configurations of connections, not the Windows setup procedure. BTW, both computers report an existing network name "MSHOME"