From: Rev. Stewart Marshall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: US is access loser

I am not sure what it is with many of you and cell phones but my
signal and reception and clarity are pretty darn good.  I live in
just this side of the hinterland and we have a very hilly area
(Antennas are placed on the high points) Even in many supposedly
rural areas I have good coverage and signal and call quality.

There are a few areas where we loose signal.  Usually because of no
antennas (Like on Federal property) or low lying areas.  But my wife
can talk to my son as he drives home and he lives in the boonies.

Part of the problem is phones.  Some of these neat slick thin phones
have lousy antennas.  (I have friends who sell them and the tell me
these things)

My son had a RAZR and the reception was abominable.  He now has a Q
and he has no problems.

Stewart

At 05:02 PM 6/30/2008, you wrote:
>I've tried to use my landline as much as possible.  I've got AT&T "more
>bars in more places" except Cupertino and my 50+ year old wood frame
>construction house apparently.  Unless "bars" refers to drinking
>establishments, which is what I generally need when I have to try to
>make a phone call and can't get a signal (or when I have to call
>Comcast about my poor internet connection).
>
>The only downside to using my landline is when I use the cordless, I
>can't get very far down the block before the signal drops out and the
>longest RJ-11 cable I can find is about 100'.  :-)
>
>Larry

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ozark, AL  SL 82