This used to be pertinent when a 5 megabyte hard drive was $1,000.  Now that a
500 GB hard drive is less than $100, what difference does it make?  Maybe if
you are on dialup and it takes a bit of time to download the message?  I for
one appreciate having the entire thread in one message rather than having to
hunt for the rest of the discussion, which, in my old age, I have already
forgotten.  That's why a computer is so nice. <g>

I have a 40 GB Eudora folder on my hard drive with 40,000 files (includes all
of the attachments to messages, and embedded graphics) collected over five or
so years of e-mail, including lots of subscriptions, and it just keeps chuggin'
along.

At any rate, I sure don't do it with cut and paste.  I either select the text
to be included and then hit the "reply" button, or I hit the reply button which
quotes all and then delete the irrelevant parts.  I don't use cut and paste at
all.  Do you perhaps copy/paste into a new message?  And change the
thread/subject? I don't get the picture.

Fred Holmes