> The iPhone is different, as are all new Mac products. There was nothing
> wrong with the iPhone. It worked; it was unique, a conversation piece,
> literally. A new version came out. Apple offered a $100 rebate. That's
> better than most products. When you buy a new electronic toy,
> guaranteed that a new, better, faster one will come out within a month,
just after
> the last date you're allowed to return it.

It was overpriced and underpowered to begin with.  Only months after
releasing ver. 1.0, when they discontinued the 4 GB version and lowered the
8 GB version by $200, Apple only offered the $100 *store credit* after
taking considerable heat from shafted early adopters.  I'd be pissed too.

> It's the price you pay for being on the leading/bleeding edge of tech.

Or for laying roses on the hood of the Glorious Leader's Rolls-Royce as he
drives by.

Smart(er) people waited for a better deal, rather than blowing their poker
face and diving at the 1st offer.