From: Computer Guys Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom
Piwowar
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 4:59 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Network wiring

>At one time there were amplifiers (I think) that could be used to
>amplify a wired signal.  You simply plugged in the cable to one end
>and another cable to the next and gave it power and it amplified the
>signal for long distance.

Yes, this is what I would look at first. It would be higher speed and
probably be more relable than wireless. You put a box at either end of
the straight copper pair and connect each box to the LAN at each
location. Such boxes are called "Ethernet Copper Extenders" and cost
about $500 a pair.

see www.ethernetextender.com for one example