From: Computer Guys Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom
Piwowar
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 4:59 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Network wiring

At one time there were amplifiers (I think) that could be used to
amplify a wired signal.  You simply plugged in the cable to one end
and another cable to the next and gave it power and it amplified the
signal for long distance.

Yes, this is what I would look at first. It would be higher speed and
probably be more relable than wireless. You put a box at either end of
the straight copper pair and connect each box to the LAN at each
location. Such boxes are called "Ethernet Copper Extenders" and cost
about $500 a pair.

see www.ethernetextender.com for one example

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        [EMAIL PROTECTED]