Called RCN tech support.  Tech said not to mess with DNS settings and had me
restore to detect automatically.  Either way, doesn't seem to make loading
much quicker.  He said download speed (5 mb) was okay so he couldn't help
beyond that.  I'm about to give up.  Have had this problem recurrently and
can never seem to figure out what the damn problem is.

Randall