If the government is going to mandate this changeover than they should
similarly intervene to mitigate the problems this will cause, regardless of
whether those problems are truly profound.  By an admittedly stretched
analogy, if the government intervened to, say, make drinking or smoking
illegal, it should take steps to provide for an adequate transition and for
programs to help those addicted to these.  Some people are, more or less,
addicted to tv; or at least it is an integral, regular part of their life,
for better or worse.  To put people in a position of either losing tv in
less than a month or of shelling out maybe $80 to keep watching seems an
unnecessary burden, falling disproportionately on those not wealthy enough
to have cable, dish, HD tv, nice computer screens to watch on, etc.  Let's
see Obama, the champion of the middle class and those below the middle
class(I dare presume and hope), walk the talk on this.

Randall