The thing that bothers me with the new DECT 6 answering machines is I could not find one that would support multiple voicemail box recordings.

They used to but new models seem to have dropped that ... good for families ....capability.

db

b_s-wilk wrote:
We're using an old Panasonic answering machine that uses regular audio tapes. The messages are clear to the end, as the line is filtered. Try a different answering machine. I'll probably switch to the built-in answering feature on our Panasonic DECT 6 base station when the old machine dies. Both machines can be accessed from remote phones.

I like tape machines better because they hold an hour's worth of messages. The digital one only holds about 15 minutes--not good when you go away for a week or more, but both are free, as opposed to many online voicemail services. Newer is not always better. Sometimes low tech trumps high tech.

Betty