From: David Turk [mailto:dt...@indianahistory.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:15 AM
Subject: DSL & answering machines

In an effort to cut back on costs, we switched our home phone service to
basic, unlimited calls-no voicemail, forwarding, call waiting, etc.  I dug
an old digital answering machine out of the closet, but it had a ton of
static on it.  I bought a small  new one (& there was only one model
available).  It seemed to work fine, but then the ends of the messages are
completely garbled by static.  Took it back, went somewhere else, bought a
different one.  Same thing.  I have filters on all the phone lines, as we
have DSL.  Could this be the problem, & how can I fix it?  tia.

    david

David Turk
Manager, Preservation Imaging Services
Indiana Historical Society
Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center
450 W. Ohio St.
Indianapolis, IN  46202
(317) 232-4592
dt...@indianahistory.org