Many small farmers do not like dealing with subsidies as they find they take too much paperwork, and often do not pay enough for what it is worth.

Most small businesses and people are like this. How many rebate forms have you filled out the past 12 months?

My wife is a stay at home empty nester. She fills out each and every rebate form we get so it makes a difference, but we are highly unusual in that realm, many consumers do not as it is not worth their time.

The rewards must be worth it or they are not rewards, but just nuisances.

Stewart