>Good luck finding a Macbook at even double this price, which has been the
>point of these ads all along (that and the notion of massive amounts of
>choice).

I just read a report (sorry I don't have the link handy) that the average
profit margin for a PC manufacturer is down to 1.7%. That implies that
many of them are at less than 0%.

That is dangerously low. That is so low that I would expect some of them
to decide that it is just not worth the effort for such a low return on
investment. I bet that a year from now Lauren and "G" are going to find
some very different choices at the computer store.

If MS keeps pounding on the message that a PC should be cheap it will
only accelerate the race to the bottom and the race to the exits.

WFBs we pray for you. Rev., do you have an invocation handy?