You of all people should know by now that when you install a new
version of Windows you should do it clean. Don't upgrade.

Besides, as I recall, you bought that (those?) machine(s) long after
Vista was out, but you stubbornly insisted on XP. We have a saying in
the US: You made your bed, now you have to lie in it.