I was talking just over the past 10 years.

3, 3,1 3.11(WFW) were all versions of Windows that was run on top of DOS.

95, 98, 98se and Millennium were all versions of Windows stand alone products. (You did not need to install DOS as it was a part of and integral to these Windows versions.)

The above groupings are usually how they are grouped. 95 was not a similar product as any of the 3.* versions.

NT and 2000 were versions for business and not marketed to the consumer level although many consumers did run them. Both of these came in workstation and server models.

So you have three separate lines of products up there.

XP was introduced in 01 (October)

So what I was comparing was XP, Vista, WIn 7 starting in October 01 and OSX was introduced in 02.

XP, Vista, Win 7 are a separate line from the ones above and that was the comparison.

Stewart

At 06:25 PM 6/8/2009, you wrote:
Looks to be about 7 or 8 versions...

> MS has had only three.  XP, Vista and later this year
> Win 7.

(I'm a little confused now - there was Windows 3.0, Win98,
Windows NT, etc.)

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
Ozark, AL  SL 82