> >Hello,
> >Congratulations on becoming a Retrevo member. Our free service offers
> >more than 100,000 manuals.
> >Now that you've created your own personal account on Retrevo, why not
> >let us store the manuals for all your gadgets. Click here to build
> >your personal bookshelf of manuals. You will never have to go
> >searching for a manual again.

I've been doing something like this for years locally. Have a sort of local
"web site" with pages for kitchen, laundry, outdoors, etc. Each page has
pictures of things that link to their online
manuals or local PDFs. When we get a new gizmo I just add it. The whole thing
is in a public folder, so it's available from anywhere on the network. Works
great.