And if you don't know http://www.retrevo.com/, it is wonderful for locating old manuals. I've just retrieved two for stereo equipment from the 1960's.
/gayley

On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Chris Dunford wrote:

The wife keeps the manuals in the pockets of a divider in a notebook
she keeps on the cookbook shelf in the kitchen. I've gotten in the
habit of writing the purchase date on the front cover of said manual.
Very simple, very easy. Also works great.

We used to keep them in hanging folders in a file cabinet but decided that we needed a better mousetrap when we couldn't fit them in one drawer any more. <g>

The other advantage to this is that PDF manuals are searchable.