At 6:14 AM -0400 6/23/09, Chris Dunford wrote:

 > >Hello,
 >Congratulations on becoming a Retrevo member. Our free service offers
 >more than 100,000 manuals.
 >Now that you've created your own personal account on Retrevo, why not
 >let us store the manuals for all your gadgets. Click here to build
 >your personal bookshelf of manuals. You will never have to go
 >searching for a manual again.

I've been doing something like this for years locally. Have a sort of local "web site" with pages for kitchen, laundry, outdoors, etc. Each page has pictures of things that link to their online manuals or local PDFs. When we get a new gizmo I just add it. The whole thing is in a public folder, so it's available from anywhere on the network. Works great.

The wife keeps the manuals in the pockets of a divider in a notebook she keeps on the cookbook shelf in the kitchen. I've gotten in the habit of writing the purchase date on the front cover of said manual. Very simple, very easy. Also works great.
--
Roger
Lovettsville, VA