> I posted two different articles about the same issue. I give very little
> credence to anything on the editorial page of the WSJ, but it's
> certainly provocative--and narrow-minded. Consider the header, using
> "Kill" instead of a more accurate description. AT&T isn't dying, it's
> SBC, an incestuous relationship that is doing just fine. None of this
> would be an issue if the telcos would embrace new technology, and price
> it fairly. No, they prefer to continue to double-charge for cellular
> calls and cry foul when they get slapped by Google and Skype--and FCC.

So get a T-Mobile myTouch, which runs Android, and get all the Google Voice you
want.  No ideological contortions needed.  T-Mobile's A-Y-C-E 3G plan is $25
for web and $35 for web and messaging.

You get a great phone with GV on it without waiting and AT&T+Apple get the
message loud and clear.

Click here for the instructions:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/09/how-i-learned-to-quit-the-iphone-and-love-google-voice/